Monday, May 4, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - 5/4/09

Cinco de Mayo has never been a big deal to me until I moved to Texas. It was here that I learned that it's an expectation to eat Mexican, or at least Tex Mex, on May 5th. So that's what we're doing this week! A simple Tex Mex meal of Taco Salad, because that's what fits into the budget. But we're doing things a little differently this time. No prepackaged taco seasoning. Eeks. The shopping trip this week will consist of purchasing everything needed for a scratch taco seasoning. We'll see how that goes! Here's the rest of the menu:

Monday - Grilled chicken, steamed broccoli/carrots, flash fried potatoes
Tuesday - Taco Salad
Wednesday - Tuscan Sausage and Bean Soup
Thursday - Breakfast for dinner
Friday - Lunchmeat sandwiches
Saturday - Thai Lettuce Wraps (I didn't do it last week)

For more menu plans, visit Laura at orgjunkie.com. Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. I have the stuff to make the taco seasoning (in giant jumbo vats from SAMS). I would tell you to come help yourself, but this is coming to you a little too late I suspect. So...here is the next best thing... a recipe for making taco seasoning

    http://www.savingdinner.com/archives/recipes/taco_seasoning.html

    We make this (or a loose version of this). To me if you get the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder mix right, that goes far. And go by smell...you will be able to smell if you get it right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is obviously late, but thought I'd share what I use for Rusty. And as you know, pretty much if he can eat it, so can you:-)

    1 T chili powder, 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1 tsp cumin

    ReplyDelete