Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Recipe: Crockpot Taco Soup

First off, thanks to my friend Karrie for this one! Secondly, this recipe is naturally gluten and dairy free if you leave out the ranch dressing and cheese topping.

Ingredients
2 cans black beans (drain and rinse)
2 cans pinto beans (drain and rinse)
2 cans corn
1 can Rotel
Large can (32 oz) diced tomatos
1 pkg taco seasoning (or 1 T chili powder, 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1 tsp cumin)
1 pkg Ranch dressing (optional)
1 lb browned ground beef (optional)

Directions
Drain and rinse all the beans and place in bottom of crockpot. Add ground beef. Sprinkle seasonings on top of that. Add Rotel and diced tomatos last. Cook on low for 8 hours.

Serve with Fritos or tortilla chips and shredded cheese.

NOTE: I tweaked this a smidge. I did not crockpot this because I wanted it the same night I got the recipe. I actually browned the beef, drained, and then just added all the other ingredients into a hard boil with 1 1/2 cans of water. Lowered to a simmer for about 15 minutes and then served. Little Monkey ate two bowls of leftovers tonight with Tostitos - obviously a hit! Which thrills me as he's such a picky eater.

No comments:

Post a Comment