Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Weekly Shopping Trip - 3/30/09

Another successful week! But March has been a really tough month with a few unexpected large expenses, so I've attempted to keep costs as low as possible in every available budget line item. I'm fighting the temptation to go back to the store to grab a few meat items that I found on sale to take up the rest of the budget. I'll try again next week, so it comes out of April's budget.

As you can see, I had a darling little assistant this week, helping me dig into the strawberries. He can't say strawberry yet, but started doing a little Snoopy happy dance as he saw me pull them out of the bag. So I relented even though it was 15 minutes before bedtime. Sometimes Momma has a hard time saying no when the Snoopy dance is pulled. He's also very excited about the bottle of ketchup. He's just recently discovered the fun in "dipping" foods.

I just love this little guy!





Target Total - $46.56

Ruffles - 2.50
2 bags bagged lettuce - 5.50
Mushrooms - 1.89
Generic honeybear - 5.29
Heinz ketchup - 2.09
2 cans Generic canned tomatoes - 1.18
Grape Nuts - 3.79
Rice Chex - 2.99
Generic frosted flakes - 2.27
Generic sugar - 1.67
Generic brown sugar - 1.27
Hershey Strawberry syrup - 1.56
4 Bananas - .79
Lemon - .50
Green grapes - 1.60
Apple juice - 1.19
Generic whole milk - 2.29
Generic eggs - 1.67
2 cartons Generic yogurt - 1.14
Kraft cheese - 1.66
Ziploc tubs - 2.25

I'm excited because last week, I was given two coupons with my receipt: a $5 off $50 or more groceries. And a $1 off two jars Barilla sauce, which I purchase all the time. I didn't get to use them this week, but I know I'll squeeze them in at some point. And then this week, I got two coupons: $1 off on Colgate toothpaste and $1 Bounty, two products that know I'll need next week! Maybe I'll be using all four of them and make a major dent in the budget. Woohoo!

Sprouts Total - $19.75

1/2 gallon Rice Dream milk - 3.99
GF Waffle - 2.99
Chicken breasts - 5.13
Cucumber - 1.25
Green onions - .78
Yellow onions - .89
Oranges - .44
Red bell pepper - .49
Roma tomatoes - .44
Russet bakers - 1.90
1 lb Strawberries - 1.50
Bag credit - .05 savings!

Weekly Budget - $75
This Week's Total - $66.31
Difference - $8.69 under budget

To see how other penny pinchers are faring in their Weekly Shopping Trip, visit The Grocery Cart Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment